Here at Cheese Grotto, building a bountiful seasonal cheese board for Thanksgiving is just as important as turkey, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. Greet your guests with a spread of the best artisan cheeses served with thoughtful accompaniments as an appetizer, or make things easy on yourself the night or afternoon before the big meal by offering a cheese board as an hassle-free, no-cook meal.
Whatever holiday tradition you celebrate, we curated our November cheese subscription box to make your Thanksgiving easy, elegant, and extra special. Here’s everything you’ll get in this month’s box—plus free cheese paper and a subscriber-only discount on extra cheese for the big day.
What’s in Our November Cheese Subscription Box?
Our November cheeses are all about autumnal ingredients, luscious textures, and bold flavors. Be sure to place your order by Thursday, November 17 to get your box by Thanksgiving!
Plus, we’re still sending new subscribers a free bundle of Cheese Grotto cheese paper with their first box! It’s the perfect way to store your cheese en route to Thanksgiving dinner or package a lovely cheese gift for a friend. Even better, it’s washable and reusable for up to one year!
- Pumpkin Chèvre and Cranberry Orange Chèvre: Creamy, tangy fresh goat’s cheese from Ohio’s Mackenzie Creamery is the perfect canvas for fall flavors like pumpkin and cranberry. To make your holiday cheese board extra special, consider brûlée-ing your pumpkin chèvre! (More on this below.)
- Matterhorn: Wisconsin mainstay Widmer’s amends their classic cheddar recipe with a blend of Alpine cheese cultures to create a smooth, savory aged cheddar with notes of caramel and no bitterness.
- Mini Harbison: This American Cheese Society 2018 Best in Show winner from Jasper Hill Farm is so luscious and oozy that the makers use strips of spruce bark to hold it together. Warmed gently in the oven, it’s perfect for dunking in with potato chips or roasted Brussels sprouts.
Not a fan of goat cheese? No worries! Just let us know at checkout and we'll sub Vermont's savory, meltable Reading Raclette for the chèvre.
Make Thanksgiving shopping easier on yourself—or arrive with the perfect potluck item—by adding accompaniments to your monthly cheese subscription box! We selected this month’s pairing items to complement our cheeses and Thanksgiving favorites.
- Garlic & Rosemary Crackers: We love these light, savory hors d’oeuvre crackers made with roasted garlic and fresh rosemary, especially with fresh goat cheese.
- Classic Candied Pecans: Nutkrack makes one thing—candied pecans—and they do it really, really well. Sweet, salty, and crunchy, these nuts are a must on any cheese board.
- Pâté de Campagne: Serve this delicate, country-style pork pate spiked with sherry alongside Harbison to boost the cheese’s meaty notes.
- Whole Kalamata Olives: We love savory, umami-rich olives alongside long-aged cheddars like Widmer’s Matterhorn. Don’t forget to put out a cute little serving bowl for your guests to stash their pits!
Vegetarian? Don’t eat pork? We'll sub in decadent French Onion Jam from Blake Hill Preserves in place of the pâté.
Recurring Subscribers Get 10% Off Add-Ons
Our monthly cheese pairing box is the perfect size to serve around six people as the prelude to an abundant Thanksgiving meal. But we know that some of you power hosts and hostesses cook for a much bigger crowd during the holidays.
Need more cheese for all those guests? Attending multiple Friendsgivings and want to bring everyone’s favorite appetizer? No problem!
Recurring plan subscribers can add individual cheeses and accompaniments to their subscription box orders! Just log into the member portal and you’ll see “Add items to your upcoming order.”
Existing recurring subscribers save 10% on any additions to your box automatically. If you’re signing up for a recurring subscription for the first time this month, use the code NOVEMBER10 to save on extra Thanksgiving goodies that ship with your November box. How’s that for a happy holiday?
The Best Thanksgiving Cheese Recipes
Want to go beyond the board and incorporate cheese into your holiday cooking? We’ve created a ton of easy and delicious Thanksgiving cheese recipes over the years and collected them all in one place for you to enjoy! From breakfast to lunch to appetizers to dessert, we know you’ll be inspired.
Sweeten Your Cheese Board With Our Pumpkin Chèvre Crème Brûlée Recipe
You may have seen brûléed bloomy rinds like Brie or Camembert on your Instagram feeds, but this cheese trend works super well with soft, spreadable fresh cheeses too—especially when they’re flavored with fresh pumpkin and warming spices.
Here’s our recipe for Pumpkin Chèvre Crème Brûlée, developed just for our November box subscribers! With just two ingredients—Mackenzie Creamery’s pumpkin chèvre and sugar—you can create a crackly, caramelized appetizer or dessert that will wow your guests.
Our November cheese subscription box is available now! Subscribe by Thursday, November 17 to make sure your box arrives by Thanksgiving.
What are you planning for this year’s Thanksgiving cheese board? Tag us @cheesegrotto on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and let us know!