- 6 eggs
- 4 ounces mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 to 7 stalks asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 green onions, both white and green part cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 9-inch cast iron pan
1) Whisk the eggs, milk/cream, and salt together in a bowl. Meanwhile, heat the butter on medium low in the cast-iron pan. Make sure the butter coats the bottom and the sides of the pan.
2) Saute the green onions and asparagus for 3 minutes, until they are lightly browned. Add the cherry tomatoes and saute for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
3) Adjust an oven rack underneath your broiler. Turn on the broiler.
4) Pour the egg mix into the pan, and cook on medium low until the edges start to look cooked, but the middle is still runny. Add the sliced mozzarella. Cook for 1 to 2 minute more on the stove top.
5) To firm up the center until just set, pop the cast iron pan in the oven and broil for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Do not overcook! You can even keep the oven door open to check on the progress. Immediately remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes on a cooling rack, then flip the frittata onto a plate gently by turning the pan upside down. If it gets stuck at all, you can also use a wooden or metal spatula to loosen it and remove.
Serve with fresh fruit and mimosas!