Gift 3 Months of Curated Artisan Cheese
SAVE BIG ON SHIPPINGRegular price
4.8 Stars out of 84 reviews
Gift a curated, rotating selection of 3 American artisan cheeses per month (about 1.5 pounds), with the option to add pairings and crackers. For June's box, we're celebrating Father's Day with beer pairings! And two of the cheeses are washed with beer! Each box will include recommended beers for the ultimate beer and cheese night. Read below for more details of the cheeses and optional items - such as whole grain mustard - which complement the cheeses.
Place your order by Thursday, June 8th.
The first box will ship Monday, June 12th.
Gift 3 Months of Curated Artisan Cheese
Finally! An award-winning cheese subscription fully customizable to your cheese preferences and allergies. We'll curate an extraordinary, rotating selection of three American artisan cheeses per month (approx 1.5 pounds), with the option to add pairings and crackers.
By letting our experts select the cheeses in each delivery, you'll expand your palate, discover new favorites, and experience the best that American artisan cheesemakers have to offer. There are hundreds of artisan cheese producers in the United States and thousands of wheels to try.
Here's a pro tip for diving into our cheese subscription: Challenge yourself to try new cheeses and expand your palate! You may not have enjoyed goat cheese or funky cheeses like blues and washed rinds in the past, but you just might find some you love in your next subscription box.
With each shipment, we'll email a custom digital tasting guide with tips for creating the perfect food and beverage pairings with your selections. You'll also receive a printable and editable tasting journal you can use to take notes on each cheese.
Cheese Styles Included
• Bloomy rind, Washed rind, Natural rind, Waxed rind, Blue, Smoked, Herbed, Spiced, Cow cheese, Sheep cheese, Goat cheese (unless otherwise requested in our preferences section)
• What are funky cheeses? We call blue cheeses and washed rind cheeses “funky cheeses” because they are stronger in flavor and aroma.
• What are flavored cheeses? We call cheeses infused with herbs, spices, and smoke “flavored cheeses” because the interior or exterior of the cheese has added flavor.
• The subscription includes three cheeses (1.5 pounds total) per shipment. The cheeses shipped are selected at optimal ripeness and best enjoyed within 2 to 3 weeks of delivery.
• One serving of cheese is anywhere from 2 to 4 ounces, depending on your appetite. This package is great for 6 to 12 servings over weeks of enjoyment.
A Peek into the Upcoming Cheese Boxes
Ships June 12th, 2023
This month is all about beer & cheese pairings! We'll include a tasting guide and optional pairings that pair well with different beers.
Ships July 3rd, 2023
Celebrate the history of Wisconsin cheese with us! Featuring cheeses from Wisconsin master cheesemakers and graders.
Ships August 7th, 2023
This month is all about summer cocktails/mocktails & cheese pairings! We'll include a tasting guide, a cocktail recipe card, a fruity sparkling beverage, and optional pairings that pair well with your summer happy hour.
June's Beer Themed Box
Good Thunder, 7oz
A washed-rind square inspired by Reblochon, Good Thunder is washed in Nacht Rider beer, cultures and salt.
The cheese is washed weekly for three weeks, during which time the wash soaks in slowly, producing an alchemy of flavors between the two. Someone described it as “Bent River’s stinky little brother”, and that works for us. Good Thunder is a small town not far from the cheesemaker and the name just seemed to fit this cheese.
Good Thunder will age for six-to-eight weeks in refrigeration. As it ages, it will become softer and more funky.
Hop Along, 8oz
A snackable organic cheese under the influence of hard cider. After 45 days of aging, this washed rind cheese develops aromas of apple and brioche and a silky, semi-firm interior. Hop Along is a versatile and approachable option for both cheese novices and experts and easily pairs with a variety of snacks (cured meats, preserved and fresh fruits, nuts) and beverages (kombucha & hard cider).
Supple, semi-soft texture with notes of prosciutto and peanuts, this washed rind goat and cow’s milk cheese is aged for at least two months and washed with beer from Pittsburgh’s Cinderlands Beer Co.
Add our June pairings to your order for the ultimate cheese & pairing experience! Great for beer & BBQ!
- Ines Rosales Manchego Cheese Savory Olive Oil Crisps
- Three Little Pigs Whole Grain Mustard
- Cleveland Kraut Roasted Garlic Sauerkraut
- Red Bear Dry Diablo Sticks
If you have a gluten allergy, we will substitute gluten-free crackers.
If you are a vegetarian we will replace the meat with a meat free variety.
If you have a nut allergy, we will replace the nuts with other tasty olives.
How the Subscription Works
• Purchase this Gift Subscription by Thursday, May 4th, 2023. The first ship date is scheduled for Monday, May 8th, 2023.
• After signup, the gift recipient will have immediate access to a subscription portal and can modify the order dates if needed. Just make sure to enter in the recipient's name and address in the form above. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance modifying your delivery week, and we'll respond within 3 business days.
• You will be billed once for the total subscription package. At the end of the pre-paid period of 3 months, you will receive an email asking if you would like to extend your subscription.
• The monthly subscription will be processed every 4 weeks, and the monthly order number will be generated in our system the Thursday prior to the week of shipping your order.
• This is a one-time purchase that will not automatically renew after the prepaid period.
• At checkout, you will be charged one payment for all 3 months of shipping, which is based on your recipient's zip code.
• Unless requested, these are the following dates in which the subscription will be shipped:
Month One: Monday, June 5th, 2023
Month Two: Monday, July 3rd, 2023
Month Three: Monday, August 7th, 2023
• Please visit our shipping policy page for additional questions.
If you choose to add crackers and 3 accompaniments to your subscription box, we will rotate and pair according to the featured cheeses each month and your allergy specifications.
Downloadable Gift Card
Need a gift card you can email or print?
We got you! Download this gift card and share with the lucky gift recipient! The size of the card is 5.5 inches by 4.5 inches so it can be formatted on a full-sized printer paper, or can be formatted to print double-sided!
What Is Artisan Cheese?
According to the American Cheese Society, "artisan or artisanal implies that a cheese is produced primarily by hand, in small batches, with particular attention paid to the tradition of the cheesemaker’s art, and thus using as little mechanization as possible in the production of the cheese."
Over the past decade, the American artisan cheese community has been recognized internationally for its quality and integrity. Small to medium-scale artisan cheesemakers have a core set of values: High-quality milk makes incredible cheese, and high-quality land and animal management makes for incredible milk. In our industrial food system, committing to these core values requires long hours of hard work and strict attention to detail.
Our monthly subscription directly supports American artisan cheesemakers and the strengthening and diversification of our food system.
The Cheese Grotto is fantastic - it keeps my blocks of cheese fresher for longer periods of time, unwrapped in all their glory.
It really does extend the life of cheese over time. Aside from the functionality, the Cheese Grotto looks great and is easy to maintain.
The Cheese Grotto is a must have for anyone who loves cheese. Looks stunning and keeps all of your cheeses in perfect condition.