Gift "Meet The Makers" Quarterly Cheese Subscription
SAVE BIG ON SHIPPINGRegular price
4.8 Stars out of 84 reviews
Start 2023 on the right cheese. Gift four shipments of American artisan cheese. With each shipment, the gift recipient will have the opportunity to Meet the Cheesemaker on Zoom! Place your order by Thursday, March 9th. The first box will ship March 13th.
Gift "Meet The Makers" Quarterly Cheese Subscription
We've curated a quarterly cheese subscription to delight you all year long with unique and fascinating American artisan cheeses. Each quarter, we'll highlight a different cheesemaker, complete with digital literature on tasting, serving, pairing, and storing your cheeses. You'll also receive a Zoom link with each shipment inviting you to a subscriber-only Meet the Cheesemaker event. It's our mission is to educate while curating delicious cheeses that can last for weeks in your Grotto. You'll always have the perfect selections on hand to share and enjoy with good company.
Cheese Styles Included
• Bloomy rind, Washed rind, Natural rind, Waxed rind, Blue, Smoked, Herbed, Spiced, Cow cheese, Sheep cheese, Goat cheese
• The subscription includes two to four cheeses (approximately 2 pounds total) per shipment. The cheeses shipped are selected at optimal ripeness and best enjoyed within 2 to 3 weeks of delivery.
• One serving of cheese is anywhere from 2 to 4 ounces, depending on your appetite. This package is great for 8 to 16 servings over weeks of enjoyment.
• With each quarterly shipment, you will receive digital literature with information on the cheeses as well as an email invite to a live Zoom session with the cheesemaker. A recording will be emailed if you are not able to attend the live event.
• Please note: due to the limited availability of certain artisan cheeses, our selection for 2023 may be subject to updates.
Four Cheesemakers, Four Shipments
March 13th Shipment: Tulip Tree Creamery
Gold Medal — American Cheese Society
Since 2014, Indiana's Tulip Tree Creamery has received numerous awards from the American Cheese Society, Slow Food, and Good Food Awards for their European-inspired cheeses. We'll feature a selection of four of their cheeses that are tasting their best.
July 10th: Cobb Hill Farm
Good Food Award Winner
Cobb Hill Cheese has been handcrafting artisan cheeses, on the farm in Hartland, Vermont since 2000. They started out with our award winning Ascutney Mountain Cheese, then developed Caerphilly, a Welsh style cheddar suited to the rich milk from the cows.
November 13th: Jasper Hill Farm
Best of Show – American Cheese Society
Limited-edition, seasonal cheeses from one of the best cheesemakers in the United States. We'll highlight four cheeses not readily available in grocery stores. Amazing selection for Thanksgiving.
December 11th Shipment: Roelli Cheese Haus
Top 20 – World Champion Cheese Contest
Chris Roelli, now one of Wisconsin’s distinguished Master Cheesemakers, crafts small batches of award winning original recipe cheeses such as Dunbarton Blue, Red Rock and Little Mountain. Roelli is also known for his fresh cheddar curds, cellar-aged cheddars, Farmhouse Colby-style, Monterey Jack, Goudse Kaas, and Cheshire inspired cheese.
How the Subscription Works
• Purchase this Gift Subscription by Thursday, March 9th, 2023. The first ship date is scheduled for Monday, March 13th, 2023.
• After signup, the gift recipient will have immediate access to a subscription portal and can modify the order dates if needed. Just make sure to enter in the recipient's name and address in the form above. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance modifying your delivery week, and we'll respond within 3 business days.
• You will be billed once for the total subscription package. At the end of the pre-paid period of 3 months, you will receive an email asking if you would like to extend your subscription.
• The monthly subscription will be processed every 4 weeks, and the monthly order number will be generated in our system the Thursday prior to the week of shipping your order.
• This is a one-time purchase that will not automatically renew after the prepaid period.
• Your recurring shipping charge per order is based on your zip code.
• Unless otherwise requested, our Meet the Maker subscription ships on a fixed schedule. This allows everyone to meet the cheesemaker at the same time while enjoying their cheeses!
1. March 13th, 2023
2. July 10th, 2023
3. November 13th, 2023
4. December 11th, 2023
• Please visit our shipping policy page for additional questions.
Please fill in your allergies so we can be sure to sub a cheese if needed.
What Is Artisan Cheese?
According to the American Cheese Society, "artisan or artisanal implies that a cheese is produced primarily by hand, in small batches, with particular attention paid to the tradition of the cheesemaker’s art, and thus using as little mechanization as possible in the production of the cheese."
Over the past decade, the American artisan cheese community has been recognized internationally for its quality and integrity. Small to medium-scale artisan cheesemakers have a core set of values: High-quality milk makes incredible cheese, and high-quality land and animal management makes for incredible milk. In our industrial food system, committing to these core values requires long hours of hard work and strict attention to detail.
Our quarterly subscription directly supports American artisan cheesemakers and the strengthening and diversification of our food system.
DURING THE HOLIDAYS
Bundle with Grotto & Save 15%
Combine your gift subscription with a Cheese Grotto Classico or Fresco and save 15% OFF on your order!
Order by Dec 15th to receive the grotto by Christmas.
Gift Subscriptions start shipping in 2023.
The Cheese Grotto is fantastic - it keeps my blocks of cheese fresher for longer periods of time, unwrapped in all their glory.
It really does extend the life of cheese over time. Aside from the functionality, the Cheese Grotto looks great and is easy to maintain.
The Cheese Grotto is a must have for anyone who loves cheese. Looks stunning and keeps all of your cheeses in perfect condition.