12 Months of Cheese Subscription
SAVE BIG ON SHIPPINGRegular price
Prepay and save! Customize our award-winning subscription to your cheese preferences. We'll curate an extraordinary rotating selection of 3 American artisan cheeses per month (about 1.5 pounds) with the option to add pairings and crackers. For March's box, we're celebrating Women's History Month by featuring women makers! For the full experience, add female-founded “pairings” to your order which include a beef salami, membrillo paste, green olives, and spanish-style olive oil crisps. Each box includes a printed tasting menu with pairing suggestions and a brief story of each featured woman cheesemaker.
12 Months of Cheese Subscription
Finally! An award-winning cheese subscription fully customizable to your cheese preferences and allergies. We'll curate an extraordinary, rotating selection of three American artisan cheeses per month (approx 1.5 pounds), with the option to add pairings and crackers.
By letting our experts select the cheeses in each delivery, you'll expand your palate, discover new favorites, and experience the best that American artisan cheesemakers have to offer. There are hundreds of artisan cheese producers in the United States and thousands of wheels to try.
Here's a pro tip for diving into our cheese subscription: Challenge yourself to try new cheeses and expand your palate! You may not have enjoyed goat cheese or funky cheeses like blues and washed rinds in the past, but you just might find some you love in your next subscription box.
With each shipment, we'll email a custom digital tasting guide with tips for creating the perfect food and beverage pairings with your selections. You'll also receive a printable and editable tasting journal you can use to take notes on each cheese.
Cheese Styles Included
• Bloomy rind, Washed rind, Natural rind, Waxed rind, Blue, Smoked, Herbed, Spiced, Cow cheese, Sheep cheese, Goat cheese (unless otherwise requested in our preferences section)
• What are funky cheeses? We call blue cheeses and washed rind cheeses “funky cheeses” because they are stronger in flavor and aroma.
• What are flavored cheeses? We call cheeses infused with herbs, spices, and smoke “flavored cheeses” because the interior or exterior of the cheese has added flavor.
• The subscription includes three cheeses (1.5 pounds total) per shipment. The cheeses shipped are selected at optimal ripeness and best enjoyed within 2 to 3 weeks of delivery.
• One serving of cheese is anywhere from 2 to 4 ounces, depending on your appetite. This package is great for 6 to 12 servings over weeks of enjoyment.
March's Women Cheesemaker Themed Box
For March's box, we're celebrating Women's History Month by featuring women makers! This year, we'll be highlighting the cloud-like bloomy rind cheese Ola from Birchrun Hills Farm, Womanchego from Cato Corner Farm, and the natural tomme style, St. James, from Alemar Cheese. Each box includes a printed tasting menu with pairing suggestions and a brief story of each featured woman cheesemaker.
Add our March pairings to your order!
- Spanish-Style Olive Oil Crisps
- Membrillo Paste
- Beef Salami Sticks
- Pitted Green Olives
If you have a gluten allergy, we will substitute gluten-free crackers.
If you have a nut allergy, we will replace the nuts with other tasty olives.
If you are a vegetarian we will replace with another cheese.
How the Subscription Works
• The beauty of a cheese subscription is that it never sells out! We highly recommend purchasing your subscription by the Thursday prior to the week you'd like to receive your first shipment.
• After signup, you or the recipient can email us at email@example.com for assistance modifying your delivery week, and we'll respond within 3 business days.
• You will be billed once for the total subscription package. At the end of the pre-paid period of 12 months, you will receive an email asking if you would like to extend your subscription.
• The monthly subscription will be processed every 4 weeks, and the monthly order number will be generated in our system the Thursday prior to the week of shipping your order.
• This is a one-time purchase that will automatically renew after the prepaid period. You will be notified via email and will have the opportunity to cancel before the autorenew happens.
• At checkout, you will be charged one payment for all 12 months of shipping, which is based on your recipient's zip code.
• To be included in the following week’s shipment, please place your order by the Thursday before.
• Please visit our shipping policy page for additional questions.
If you choose to add crackers and 3 accompaniments to your subscription box, we will rotate and pair according to the featured cheeses each month and your allergy specifications.
Downloadable Gift Card
Need a gift card you can email or print?
We got you! Download this gift card and share with the lucky gift recipient! The size of the card is 5.5 inches by 4.5 inches so it can be formatted on a full-sized printer paper, or can be formatted to print double-sided!
What Is Artisan Cheese?
According to the American Cheese Society, "artisan or artisanal implies that a cheese is produced primarily by hand, in small batches, with particular attention paid to the tradition of the cheesemaker’s art, and thus using as little mechanization as possible in the production of the cheese."
Over the past decade, the American artisan cheese community has been recognized internationally for its quality and integrity. Small to medium-scale artisan cheesemakers have a core set of values: High-quality milk makes incredible cheese, and high-quality land and animal management makes for incredible milk. In our industrial food system, committing to these core values requires long hours of hard work and strict attention to detail.
Our monthly subscription directly supports American artisan cheesemakers and the strengthening and diversification of our food system.
Want pairings with your cheese?
Sign up to include a monthly rotating selection of artisan crackers and 3 expertly matched pairings for your 3 artisan cheeses each month. You'll be glad you did!
The Cheese Grotto is fantastic - it keeps my blocks of cheese fresher for longer periods of time, unwrapped in all their glory.
It really does extend the life of cheese over time. Aside from the functionality, the Cheese Grotto looks great and is easy to maintain.
The Cheese Grotto is a must have for anyone who loves cheese. Looks stunning and keeps all of your cheeses in perfect condition.