Virtual cheese tastings are just one of the cheese gifts we’re offering this holiday season, including cheese tasting boxes packed with gourmet goodies. Check out our holiday cheese gift guide for more ideas!
We’ve all been looking for creative ways to connect during this time, with everything from happy hour meetups to professional conferences going virtual. This spring, we launched our Virtual Cheese Tasting Program so that you can stay connected with your people and learn something together, even when you’re apart. Our Zoom events and cheesemaking classes are a delicious and tactile way to share a fun and delicious learning experience, even when you can’t be in the same space.
Book a virtual tasting or cheesemaking class as a way to spend quality time with family and friends. At work, they make rewarding team building events or uplifting thank-you gifts for employees or clients. And with the holidays coming up, they’re an ideal substitute for a holiday party. After all, great cheese, maybe some wine, and good company are what these get-togethers are all about.
The best thing about going virtual? Cheese Grotto is anywhere you want to have your cheese tasting—NYC, LA, or in between. Read on for more on how to book your own!
Our Virtual Cheese Tastings
Want to share an educational, tactile, and delicious experience with your crew from the comfort of your own home? Book one of our private virtual cheese tastings, designed to create a seamless experience for the important folks in your life.
Along with a curated selection of cheese from one of our domestic artisan makers, we’ll send your group a digital guide (including cheese board building tips) and a printable workbook where you can record notes on each cheese. We’ll also provide a link to a private one-hour Zoom session, where one of our cheese experts will guide you through each variety and answer your cheese questions.
Here’s how to book your virtual cheese tasting:
- Go to our online store and purchase the experience that fits your group or email us for a custom event.
- Contact us to confirm the date and time of your event.
- Want to add wine pairings? Just get in touch with us and we’ll work with one of our wine partners to curate pairings you and your group will love.
- We’ll email you a Zoom link and digital resources to share with your group.
- Our cheesemakers ship out boxes of delicious artisan cheese to each participant.
- When it’s time, prep your cheese and log on!
Our Virtual Cheesemaking Classes
Have you been craving a new quarantine hobby but don’t know where to start? Our private virtual Italian cheesemaking classes in collaboration with Farmsteady are a great way to learn a delicious new skill, whether you’re a seasoned home fermenter or an enthusiastic DIY newbie.
Book a private class with us and we’ll send each participant a kit with the special equipment and ingredients you need to make your own mozzarella and ricotta. Just add whole milk! We’ll email you instructions and recipes and schedule your Zoom session, where one of our experts will guide your group through the process of making these two fresh, easy cheese recipes.
And if you simply want to get in on the educational fun on your own, you can always purchase a ticket to one of our public virtual cheesemaking classes, like the mozzarella and ricotta class we’re teaching on October 17!
Here’s how to book a virtual cheesemaking class:
- Purchase a tasting in our online store or email us for a custom event.
- Contact us to confirm the date and time of your online cheesemaking class.
- We’ll send you a Zoom link and digital recipe files to share with attendees.
- Our friends at Farmsteady will ship you a cheesemaking kit with the equipment and special ingredients you need for the class.
- Pick up milk and heavy cream, get your kit, and log on for the lesson!
How are you staying connected with the people in your life through food? Let us know!