Welcome to our new Monthly Cheese Subscription! We’re kicking off October with a selection of cheeses and accompaniments that are perfect for pairing with fall beers or building a spooky Halloween cheese board. This tasty lineup is available all month long—be sure to order by Thursday, October 20 at 11:30 p.m. Eastern to get in on this month’s goodies.
Plus, your first subscription box delivery comes with a special free gift! Here’s a rundown of all the tasty treats in our October box, plus pairing ideas, board-building tips, and more.
What’s in Our October Cheese Subscription Box?
Each month, we curate our favorite wheels and wedges of the moment to send right to your door. Here are all the goodies we’re sending out in October.
- Coupole: Vermont Creamery’s brainlike goat’s milk bloomy is known for its dense yet fluffy interior and grassy tang.
- Cowboy Coffee: Six months in the aging cave—and a unique espresso-rubbed rind—give this cheddar-like cow and goat’s milk blend from Pennsylvania’s Goat Rodeo a toasty, smoky vibe.
- Indigo Bunting: Wisconsin’s Deer Creek gives this rare mixed-milk blue a velvety, ultra-rich texture by amping up sheep’s milk with lush cow’s milk cream.
Not big on blues or goat cheeses? No problem! You can customize your monthly cheese subscription box to avoid certain cheeses. We’ll swap in Firefly Farms' Bloomy Breeze, a luscious cow’s milk round, in place of goat’s milk Coupole. If you’re not a fan of blue, we’ll hold the Indigo Bunting and give you a hunk of Milton Creamery’s famous Prairie Breeze cheddar instead.
Our cheese doesn’t stand alone. Each box features the option to include gourmet goodies curated to complement each wedge. Mix and match cheeses and accompaniments to find your favorite pairing and develop your palate.
- Pumpkin Spice Raincoast Crisps: These light, thin limited-edition crisps packed with pecans and raisins and only come around once a year.
- Piedras de Luna Cocoa-Dusted Salted Chocolate Cashews: We’re obsessed with these salty-sweet candied nuts from Mitica, whose name translates to “moonstones” in English.
- Berry Bourbon Mostarda: This punchy, slightly boozy preserve made by Old Brooklyn Mustards is the perfect combination of sweet, tart, and smoky.
- Soppressata Piccante: These spicy, rich dry-cured sausages from Tempesta are made with heritage pork that’s always hormone-free and antibiotic-free.
Subscribers with dietary restrictions, never fear! We’ll happily swap out those cocoa cashews for a bar of dark chocolate from our friends at Milène Jardine for nut-free folks and include a jar of puckery cornichons for vegetarians instead of soppressata. Just note any preferences when you sign up.
Get 15 Sheets of Our Cheese Paper Free With Your First Subscription Box
We at Cheese Grotto love to store cheese unwrapped. It’s kind of our thing! But we know that sometimes, high-quality cheese paper comes in handy. We love the custom-printed cheese paper we use in our warehouse for cutting and wrapping your wedges and want to share it with you!
First-time subscribers will receive 15 sheets of Cheese Grotto cheese paper free with their first box ($9 value). Our cheese paper is the second best way to store cheese (aside from the Grotto, of course), and can be gently washed with warm water and soap after each use, to be reused for up to one year! Use them to protect cheeses on their way to a festive fall picnic, or save them for the holidays to wrap some wedges to put in gift baskets for friends and family.
Try These Fall Cheese and Beer Pairings
Fall is the perfect season to cozy up with craft beer and luscious artisan cheese. We curated this month’s selections to pair beautifully with a range of beer styles. Here are a few of our picks to get you started.
- Coupole’s light, nutty, and grassy profile pairs well with less intense beers like citrusy wheat ales and lightly hopped pilsners.
- Try Cowboy Coffee with a roasty, malty brown ale or hoppy IPA.
- Blue cheeses like Indigo Bunting pair beautifully with sweeter beverages like stout, porter, and pumpkin beer.
Build a Spooky Cheese Board With Cottonboo
Our Monthly Cheese Subscription Box includes everything you need to create a delicious autumnal spread. Want to make yourself an extra-special Halloween-themed board while waiting for trick-or-treaters to show up? Add Cottonboo to your October box!
Cottonboo is a colorful, seasonal take on Boxcarr Handmade Cheese’s luscious robiola-style Cottonseed. This limited-edition square is made with the addition of annatto seed to turn the interior bright orange. A dusting of vegetable ash on the rind gives it a moody goth edge. It’s the perfect centerpiece for your Halloween cheese board, or use it to create a colorful border around the edge of the platter.
What are you excited to try in our October subscription box? Tag us @cheesegrotto on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and let us know!