The saga continues with Pepper Crush's Turkish pepper flakes and specialty cheese. This week, we have an omelette recipe that combines robust, meaty Taleggio cheese and the smoky heat of Urfa Pepper. The green scallion addition balances out this flavorful egg dish with its zesty, fresh notes.
Recipe developed by Pepper Crush Founder Elif Nur Dogan.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 tablespoon Urfa pepper
- 1/8 tablespoon salt
- 1/8 tablespoon black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded Taleggio cheese
- 2 stalks green onion (scallion)
How to make it?
- Chop green onion finely
- Combine eggs, Urfa pepper, salt, black pepper, cheese and green onion and beat until fully mixed
- Heat a nonstick pan and add butter when the pan is hot. Once the butter melts, pour in the egg mixture.
- Cook the egg mixture until there is no visible liquid.
- Fold the omelette in half and cook for another minute. Serve hot.
Photography by Jess Hitt.