One of the more traditional applications for culinary argan oil is a delicious roasted almond, honey, and argan oil spread. It is similar to almond butter in the texture, but it does have a signature argan oil flavor that makes it a beautiful paste for pairing with cheese. You can get the full recipe via Spruce here, and then follow my lead to make a simple snack of Amlou and Cheese Toast. I featured 1 year old cheddar in this recipe for its melt-ability, but I also recommend a young to aged pecorino, as well as fresh goat cheese. On a cheese board, you can sub the amlou for quince paste or fig jam as a tasty, nutty spread to pair with cheeses.
1. Turn the oven broiler on high.
2. Broil one slice of sourdough bread until it is crispy, but not browned.
3. Spread 2 T Amlou onto toast
4. Shave 2 oz of cheese of choice and lay ontop of bread
5. Return to broiler, and let broil until cheese is fully melted.
6. Enjoy with coffee or a red ale.