Valentine's Day can be one of the cheesiest holidays of the year (pun intended),and we've learned to embrace it. The holiday showcases chocolate in all its forms, and as Milene Jardine Chocolatier and I continue to pioneer cheese, chocolate, and wine pairings (they are amazing!), we wanted to invite you into the fun with our Valentine's Day Cheese, Chocolate, and Red Wine Pairing Guide. Shop our Cheese and Chocolate Gift Packages here.
If you're looking for a more in-depth guide into the world of pairing cheese and chocolate, we've got you covered with our Our Complete Guide to Pairing Cheese and Chocolate. You're welcome.
Valentine's Ideas From The Grotto
The romance lives on here at Cheese Grotto. If we hadn't fallen in love with cheese, would our product line even exist? I think it's safe to say the answer is no - this is truly a labor of love - with a sole mission to enhance your cheese experience at home. Below are some recommendations on how to keep the evening romantic with your Cheese Grotto as the centerpiece.
1) Place the Cheese & Chocolate Pairings Directly on the Grotto Serving Boards
Your cheese and chocolate tasting awaits in this compact storage and serving piece. Better yet, prep the tasting boards in advance, close the Grotto, and have it stored, ready and tempered for when your love arrives.
2) Try Our Grotto in the Bathtub with Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Sparkling Wine
Ok, ok, we know this is not the first time we've brought this up, but if not now, then when?? We recommend a rich, creamy bloomy rind cheese like Nettle Meadow Kunik or Tulip Tree's Trillium paired with a rose sparkling wine, a dash of rose petals and this chocolate-covered strawberry recipe.
1 pint strawberries
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Rinse and dry the strawberries. Make sure they are very dry before dipping in chocolate so that melted chocolate does not slip off.
2) Set a small, heat-resistant bowl over a saucepan with 1-inch water. Mix chocolate chips and coconut oil until fully melted. Stir occasionally to guarantee even melting.
3) Dip strawberries in the melted chocolate, place on baking sheet, and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
3) For the Late Night Crowd, Try a Whisky Flight Instead
For your late night love affair, try a cheese plate and whiskey for two, as featured above. For a full list of whiskey and cheese pairings for the special day, you can check out our Whiskey and Cheese Pairing Guide here.
The way we see it, Valentine's Day is just another excuse to celebrate cheese, chocolate, and fine wine & spirits. So go forth and enjoy yourself!