Pepper Crush's dense, spicy pepper paste is delicious spread on just about everything. Consider it a more flavorful version of sun-dried tomato paste, made completely out of freshly dried hot peppers, and pureed with olive oil and sea salt. This classic application in a grilled cheese sandwich is a winner combination, and makes for a satiating lunch.
- 2 slices of bread, no more than ½ inch thick
- 2-3 slices Vermont Herdsman and Gruyere cheese (4 oz)
- 1-2 tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon Elif’s Pepper Paste
How to make it?
- Preheat the skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice bread, buttered side down, onto skillet.
- Top the bread in skillet with cheese slices.
- Spread Elif’s Pepper Paste onto the un-buttered side of your second slice of bread. Use this slice to top your sandwich, buttered side up.
- Grill until lightly browned and flip. Continue grilling until cheese is melted.
Beer pairing recommendations: Nut Brown or Amber Ales, or a Pilsner.
Photos by Jess Hitt